Just to provide a little more of what my environment is:
My product is hosted in a cloud on an Windows 10 Server. our Mobile client
needs to take videos and audio recordings, send them to the Windows server
where there stored as bytes in a postgres database. All PC java clients as
well as mobile clients need to be able to download these files and play on
the local device.
Unfortunately java 1.8 does not support MP4. So what I and asking is a
method to convert these files to a format that is supported on Desktop java
1.8

Sorry to be long winded.
Any help would be appreciated.

BTW: Codename one is a great product and you folks have done a great job! I
love the approach to abstract the end devices from developers.
I think you will do very well. Congrats!