I am using AutoCompleteTextField as a rendered Table Cell.
After looking more closely, I was instantiating a new
AutoCompleteTextField  within the createCell method.
I have stored a new createCell( instance in a vector and pass that element
to the createCell method.
for each row, I instantiate and store in this Vector
                Vector myAutoCompleteTextFields.addElement(new
AutoCompleteTextField(CarFaxLaborTasks));

                        cell = (AutoCompleteTextField)
myAutoCompleteTextFields.elementAt(row);
                        ((AutoCompleteTextField) cell).setText((String)
super.getModel().getValueAt(row, column));

This resolved the null pointer exception.
However I am experiencing a display issue.
Initially the Table renders the strings as expected, however when I touch
to edit then touch elsewhere (lose focus) the
cell is no longer rendered in that the cell is blank. (When querying the
table contents, the data is as expected. Just not seeing in screen)

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Regards