Hi there,

I am developing a short chat application. My layout structure is a
BoxLayout.y() for the form where I append each of the message containers,
and then in the layeredpane of the form, via
a BoxLayout(BoxLayout.Y_AXIS_BOTTOM_LAST), I include the input pane to
enter the message text and the send message button. So far so good, and
everything works smoothly.

When we get to fully occupy the area of appended messages and overflow the
available area of the form, the expected behaviour is to expand the
container, and enable navigation via vertical scrolling. A behaviour
requirement is aswell to scroll to the bottommost message when new messages
are appended. So far so good.

The point is that when we are at the bottom of the container in the scroll
position, when the TextArea control of the inputpane gains focus, the
scroll position of the form gets screwed and the form turns to the top
position of the scrolling, hence displaying the first appended message
instead of the last.

Since this seems to be a default behaviour can't figure out how to approach
a solution. I have tried to apply the same logic as to when new messages
are appended with no luck.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve it?

Regards and thanks for your time.

Carlos.