I managed to get past these by adding these android proguard settings:
-dontnote android.net.http.** -dontnote org.apache.commons.codec.**
-dontnote org.apache.http.** -dontnote com.codename1.** -dontnote
com.apperhand.** -dontnote com.google.android.** -dontnote
com.google.firebase.**

Still not sure why the warnings started appearing....

--
David W