Hi,
the current check box isn't in the theme. It's a material icon that's a
special case.
If you replace it you need to use a MultiImage so the size will be
different based on the device density so there's no accurate size in pixels.

In the developer guide: https://www.codenameone.com/developer-guide.html

Look for the code setRadioButtonImages.

The code for CheckBoxes is almost identical with setCheckBoxImages instead:
https://www.codenameone.com/javadoc/com/codename1/ui/plaf/DefaultLookAndFeel.html#setCheckBoxImages-com.codename1.ui.Image-com.codename1.ui.Image-com.codename1.ui.Image-com.codename1.ui.Image-

Alternatively you can use a few theme constants:
https://www.codenameone.com/developer-guide.html#theme-constants-section
Specifically: checkBoxCheckDisImage, checkBoxCheckedImage,
checkBoxUncheckDisImage and checkBoxUncheckedImage.