This is just a friendly note to let people know what projects are going on
that coder-com is in some way involved with.

Obviously we're continuing updating the Undernet 2.10.10 Branch of the undernet
daemon, with it's rather uh "Controversal" features.  On the other hand, we
have several bug fixes in there too :P

We're also working towards 2.10.11, Kev's been doing a lot of development work
on that recently.  If you are interested in either of these projects I
recommend subscribing to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and you can see all the
development as it happens. :)

Then theres also gnuworld.  I don't think gnuworld's been officially announced
on this list yet.  Gnuworld is a services framework, that has been written by
ripper_.  gnuworld started from a (now) very old version of nextie's original
euworld project.  It has since been updated and changed quite a bit.  On the
other hand, it still retains a lot of the "feel" of euworld.  One of the major
features of gnuworld is the ability to have "modules".  gnuworld is written
in C++.

Currently there are two major modules in use, mod.cservice, which is the
current "X" as linked to undernet at the moment, and mod.ccontrol, which is
a uworld style replacement, which is not currently linked.

Gte has done a remarkable amount of work on mod.cservice, basically writing
the entire module from scratch.  If anyone's in the England area and wants
to send him a Beer/Pizza/Whatever, he's deserved it and then some.

There is also a mod.ccontrol which a group of people have been putting in a
lot of effort.  ccontrol is basically a "uworld" style replacement for P10
servers.

To go with the gnuworld mod.cservice, there is the cservice website, the web
site currently doesn't have any developers working on it in a major way, so
anyone that knows PHP is welcome to pitch in and lend a hand.

Both gnuworld and the gnuworld website aren't very mature at the moment and
do require a bit of know how to get working.  If you're not a particularly good
coder then helping writing documentation for how to install these etc would be
good.  Also many of these need testing.  I hope in the next few days to be
able to get the leads of each project to post a current TODO list.  If you're
interested in helping in any of these projects I suggest you get hold of the
lead for it and get their advice.

the CVS repositories for these are:
 * Undernet IRC Daemon
coder-com.undernet.org:/home/coder-com/cvs

 * gnuworld core + mod.cservice + mod.ccontrol:
gnuworld.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gnuworld gnuworld

 * cservice website
gnuworld.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gnuworld website

go knock your selves out :)  Coders for all of these projects can be found
on #coder-com on undernet (of course).  You just might have to pick which TZ
their in carefully (why is it that noone's in NZST hrm?).

  -- Isomer

PGP signature