At the moment a lot of people appear to be confused, or misinformed about ircu.
I would like to take the time to correct this misconceptions.

1) Undernets IRC Daemon prevents people from doing a remote whois.

This is wrong, as a normal user you can still remote whois, however you can
only query the server that the user is on.  This means that
/whois foo.undernet.org Isomer still works, except it will query the server
that I'm on, not foo.undernet.org.  Shrug, Sorry.

2) Undernets IRC Daemon hides idle times always.

This is also wrong, as a normal user, you can still get peoples idle time
by using remote whois.  Thus /whois Isomer Isomer will still show my idle
time.  What won't work is /whois Bleep, even if I'm on the same server as
bleep, it won't show the idle time.  However, If I want to know Bleep's
idle time, I can /whois Bleep Bleep and see it.  So in general I've tried
very hard to make it so that things that /whois is normally used for is
preserved.  Hopefully many people will never notice the change.

3) Undernet is being run by the CIA/FBI/Illuminati.

No Comment.