HI, I think I have a good idea to know if a server lag without know on
each server the person is. A lot of mIRC scripts do that but why don't
server do it?.
1: Each server ping other server each 30 secs or 1 min and keep the
result
2: when a user want to know if the server of a person lag he only do
/serverlag nick and you send him a respond like : the  server ping of
nick have a normal lag( between 0 and 1 sec) or the server ping of nick
is not normal ( > 1 )
This don't take a lot of bandwich and if the personne request the server
lag 4000 time in one min the server will only ping it 1 time and send
the same respond

Bye
KeKuN
Rémi Charbonneau