> There is one slight difference between a whois and a whowas. If
> you look at the snippet from mIRC, it says X *is*, not X was.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but numerics can be transmuted by clients that
wish to do so, so I was simply brainstorming all possibilities.

> Hence, X was online. While X may have just split off then, it's
> not likely. Just wanted to point that out. -- Jonathan
>
> BTW, AFAIK, mIRC does NOT turn /whois into /whowas.

It is, of course, possible that he is running a script that does that...
though I suspect stoney` would tell us if he were ;)
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>