>       I am really new to this whole concept of IRC but I want to (and have) set
> up a small chat server with it.  I would like to set up a way so that when
> I personally log in to the chat that I can be an OP where ever I go.  I
> really did try to read the instructions but I think I am in over my head
> and I may have to do some things the one step at a time method.  Can
> someone please explain to me the dummy's guide method of setting this up?

Stock IRC servers are specifically set up so that you *cannot* do that.
The only way you'll be able to do that with ircu is to go in and change the
code...and if your server is on a network, all servers will need to have the
change in place.  In either case, the change in the code would be pretty
complicated.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>