Hi,
Undernet has taken the step of banning all non-idented clients from
Videotron due to the large amount of abuse from this ISP. The ban was
agreed upon by Undernet and Videotron after discussions took place to
respond to the increasing abuse. After looking at ways to reduce abuse,
Videotron  agreed that a ban on non identd clients would suit both sides
until they can find a better solution.

 From now on, to prevent further abuse of Undernet resources by some
Videotron users, any Videotron users NOT using identd will be banned from
Undernet. This action is being taken to better identify abusive users on
IRC. The Undernet User Committee provides the following to help you enable
identd on your computer:

Mirc (Windows)

In Mirc, click on File, then Options, then click on the plus (+) sign next
to Connect. Click on identd under Connect. The following information must
be used

1) Enable identd must be checked

2) User ID must be the same as the first part of your email address found
on the main connect page of Mirc. Example: if, on the main connect page,
your email is [EMAIL PROTECTED] your user ID MUST be blah

3)System MUST say UNIX (yes even though you are using Windows, UNIX is what
goes in the system box)

4)Port MUST be 113

5) Other settings are optional

Linux

If you run your own Linux box or have a shell account on the Videotron
network you will need to have identd installed on your box. If you are not
the Administrator of the box, please contact your system administrator for
additional help.

If your method of connection to Undernet was not mentioned here, please
consult the help documents included with your IRC client.  Or, if you need
any further help, please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] again
stoney`

At 05:36 PM 10/1/16 -0400, you wrote:
>When I'm connecting on the undernet server they notify me to enable the
>IDENTD fonction.I activate this fonction and the server is always notify
>me to activate it.And because of that fonction I can,t connect on IRC.
>what can i do????
>

>                                             Tank you for your answer! :)

Py Fivestones  (stoney` on IRC)
Undernet user committee response team
{[EMAIL PROTECTED]}
#userguide - Undernet users helping users
http://www.user-com.undernet.org