----- Original Message -----
From: "Harry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 10:22 AM
Subject: [Coder-Com] nick collision error when trying to link

> Hi,
>
> I can't link my servers because of this error. What do I need to edit?
Both are
> ircu2.10.07 releases.
>
> Thanks

If the servers can't link because of some sort of 'nick collision' as you
stated, it's probably a server numeric collision.  The server numeric is the
last field in the M:line in your ircd.conf file, the number in this field
must be different on every server in the network, otherwise they will cause
a collision.  This server numeric is used as a unique identifier for your
server in the P10 server-to-server protocol used by ircu.

   Regards

  --
 Tom Rons ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
             (http://openircd.org/trons/)