> The section contains:
>
> -DEXTENDED_NUMERICS This option configures the server to send
> extended numerics as well as parse them. This option should only
> be used on networks that run ircu2.10.07 and above only.
> -DFERGUSON_FLUSHER If you have a server with a lot of resources
> available this option will cause the server to attempt to flush
> it's internal buffers before dropping clients during a netbreak.
> Don't define this if you don't know, if you're not careful this
> can end up rebooting FreeBSD boxes.
> -DWALLOPS_OPER_ONLY Setting this option removes the ability for
> clients that are not opered to see wallops messages.
>
> None of these seem to deal with the client connection throtte code.
> I guess I have to start reading through the source.

hrm, in the version I looked at it also mentioned "-DNOTHROTTLE" which
disables the throttle code.  It also points out that if you do this that
you leave yourself open to denial of service where people connect to
your server rapidly and use up all your CPU time.

--
When in doubt, tell the truth. -- Mark Twain