As inserted:

> From: Valcor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:16:51 -0500
> To: Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Coder-Com] Adduser
>
> Hello xplora,
>
> I'm not a very good coder, and have personally not even attempted
> anything quite as complex as X, or even the ircd, so excuse my
> questions for appear completely and utterly stupid ;) No offence is
> intended.  My coding experience isn't in this area, but it interests
> me, so I try to learn ;)

Heh, me too

> On Wednesday, June 05, 2002, you wrote:
>> Sorry but CService aren't interested, (I know I've been asking for
>> ages, and I'm on the inside, but you can work around this simply by
>> regularly monitoring /msg x info yourusername), and I am told that X
>> is already being "taxed" to much on login.
>
> Taxed as in what way? Surely adding an extra table, and a new field
> wouldn't make *that* much difference? I mean, the extra tag on the
> main user table saying that since their last login, they were added to
> a channel... if that flag is set, then look into the other table, and
> show them the table, once the record is shown, delete it (or I'm sure
> there is probably an easier way).

"and I am told that" <-- hmmm I would have thought that at least implied
that I didn't know.

<snip>

As for the rest... Well you are only preaching to the converted.

Please just tell people that if they really want this kind of feature added
and installed on X the place to email is [EMAIL PROTECTED], use
[EMAIL PROTECTED] if you want the feature just added to
gnuworld/cmaster for use on another network.

--
http://www.mediadesign.school.nz/

CAUTION: This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.
If you have received it in error you must not use, disclose, copy or retain
it. Please immediately notify us by return email and then delete the email.

MailScanner with McAfee UVScan, and is believed to be clean.