That feature is not a real time or near real time lookup.
"The database was last updated on Sat Nov 30 17:38:55 UTC 2002 and contains 71472 channels"
Using help as a channel name and topic word yielded zero results.
Is it possible to have a real time or near real time (<15 minute delay) lookup feature?
stoney`

At 12:44 PM 12/21/2002 +0200, you wrote:

> Hi,
> Mirc allows you to do a channel search via "key word". With Mirc you can
> type in a word, "help" for example and the client will display all
channels
> with that word in it's name and/or topic (you can also set max and min
> users). Would it be possible to have this feature on the main Undernet web
> site? As far as I know, most clients don't have as robust a channel lookup
> feature and  users often find themselves either with a limited amount of
> output ( >15 entries, please restrict your search) or get flooded off
> because they don't know how to set search parameters using /quote or /raw
> (?) while doing a channel lookup.
> If this can be implemented, we well be doing a great service to many
users.
> A percentage of visitors come looking for support channels or specific
> theme channels like particular health related channels or  <English
> football> for example. Being able to visit the website and type in
> <football>, or  <a medical condition>, for example and getting a targeted
> output would be a good thing.
>
> So, is it doable? The search results could  be restricted  to channels
with
> greater than X number of users to both make the search worthwhile and also
> keep bandwidth down. I would think returning a list of channels with 5 or
> more users on would be good.
>
> Feedback anyone?
> stoney`
>
> Py Fivestones
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

you can find such a thing on the undernet website :
http://www.undernet.org/channelweb.php
Py Fivestones  (stoney` on IRC)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]