On 4/12/2003, "Alex Dawson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>The point of my rant is, I don't care if I'm a few seconds lagged to
>the server I'm connected to, I just I want to connect to where I want
>to connect to. Geographically close doesn't necessarily mean close in
>terms of networks.

Exactly.  Once auckland.nz went down, NZers had a hell of a time getting
online.  Helix (ex Sandiego.CA) offered a nice I:line for *.nz people which
seemed to resolve a lot of problems for me.

As it is now, I find my most stable connections are on the EU servers, and
network wise, all my traffic goes to the US before heading to EU.  So even
network wise doesn't really mean anything.

>Please just let this drop and stay with the existing system :P

Seconded.  "It works for me" :)

Gavin Grieve
aka HeKTik