> > Hi all,
> > Does Undernet still offer telnet connections from users? If so, is there

> this is all in the rfc; someone trying to do a raw connection to the
> irc server should have to find this stuff out on their own..

He's not talking about connecting without a client. Undernet has at various
times had clients accessible by telneting to port 23 of telnet.undernet.org.
I don't think its been available since the last of the rcsd servers
delinked, iirc. That said, a telnet client would be pretty simple to make as
a gnuworld module if it hasn't been already, although it would have to be
run on a regular client server so as to keep services hidden. Its optimistic
of me to say I'll be able to devote enough time to such a project any time
soon, but I'd give it a try if there was any interest in it and somebody
came up with a decent plan for it. (What should the UI consist of, would it
be linked to registered accounts, etc...)

-GW