On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 02:22, Diane Bruce wrote:
> 1) I wrote the original ircd-parser.y, I find it offensive that someone
>    else is claiming ownership of this. The least they should have done
>    is add a "derived from" notice to the comments. It never made
>    sense to me to add my copyright name on a GPL piece of code.

Oops...I wonder who's to blame for this blunder!  Sorry :(

> 2) you need a #include <sys/types.h> for adns to compile on freebsd
>    frankly, adns is a piece of shit and should be ripped out.

Agreed, but thankfully we're only using it in .12...

> 3) the anti join/part spambot code. I've tried to make it fit into
>    ircu standards, it would need another pass by someone but it works
>    as is. I tested it. It should patch against .11 as well easily.
>    It has been extremely effective in stopping join/spam/part bots on
>    EFnet for many years.

Interesting.  Do you know what its effectiveness is compared to our
target limit code?  (Channel joins count as a target, and I often find
myself target limited when joining the huge number of testnet channels I
join...)
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>