Hi guys,

Regular users can currently set up to a maximum of 45 ban entries in a
channel, whereas X doesn't seem to have this limitation and can set more bans
when they are requested. For channels that aren't registered this might be a
bit of a problem if they are dealing with large (permanent) ban lists and get
maxed out on the 45 bans.

Maybe I recall this wrong, or maybe I'm simply thinking of a different IRC
daemon. Wasn't there, for lack of a better term, a revolving ban system? If a
channel was maxed out on bans and you tried to set another ban, it would
unset the oldest ban and add the newly requested one?

If I didn't miss anything in the source code, this snipped from ircd/channel.c
doesn't indicate any such feature to exist.

  if (MyUser(cptr) && !removed_bans &&
      (len > (feature_int(FEAT_AVBANLEN) * feature_int(FEAT_MAXBANS)) ||
       (cnt >= feature_int(FEAT_MAXBANS))))
  {
    send_reply(cptr, ERR_BANLISTFULL, chptr->chname, banid);
    return -1;
  }

I don't suppose a feature is planned to automate this whereby if FEAT_MAXBANS
is reached, unban the oldest entry and set the ban?

Thanks,

--
Gerard Beekmans