Hello,

I asked the following in the #coder-com channel and hope someone can reply by
mail.

(04:05:19) <mokiem> I know this is a coding channel, but I would like to try
asking a configuration question, because I don't know any other place to ask.
If its a problem, dont answer it. If it can pass on this channel, I would
appreciate. I am pretty new to ircd/ircu/servers/linux, but I start liking it
very much. Somehow I fixed to install linux and install/run a irc server which
works fine. It runs on a VPS/Ubuntu 20. I would like to run another VPS /
Ubuntu 20 and install also a ircd server on it, for testing on how linking to
eachother works.
(04:06:39) <mokiem> The questions I have (for example a.server.com (runs ircd +
gnuworld) and b.server.com (runs ircd)) on how can I link those 2 servers and
how I should see them. Is 1 connecting as Leaf to the other Hub, or are those
both Hubs connecting to eachother?
(04:07:20) <mokiem> Secondly: Is it possible after that to make by dns
irc.server.com (which chooses 1 of the 2 available servers randomly, or if 1 is
down it connects to the other automaticly) ?
(04:07:53) <mokiem> Third: Important is that if the server falls down for some
reason, the users keep chatting on the other server (or maybe down users auto
reconnect on working server)
(04:08:21) <mokiem> Personally I think if I do Hub & Leaf server, when the hub
falls, the leaf falls also, and this will not happen if both are hubs, but
correct me if I am wrong
(04:08:49) <mokiem> If someone could give some information or redirect me to a
website/document/examples on where I can learn/try more about this, I would
appreciate, thank you
Met vriendelijke groet,
Ferry Mokiem | fmok...@madicom.nl<mailto:fmok...@madicom.nl>
Madicom
Platinaweg 25
2544 EZ 's-Gravenhage

Telefoon & Whatsapp: 085 1308311
Bereikbaar op werkdagen van 09.00 - 17.30

E-mail: serviced...@madicom.nl<mailto:serviced...@madicom.nl>
Website: www.madicom.nl<https://www.madicom.nl/>
Lees meer over onze oplossingen ICT
Beheer<https://www.madicom.nl/oplossingen/ict-beheer-uitbesteden?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Emailhandtekeningen>