GitHub user DaveBirdsall opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/trafodion/pull/1637

    [TRAFODION-3131] Fix some reserved and non-reserved word issues

    This set of changes does the following:

    1. Fixes some issues with reserved words not being recognized as reserved
words.
    2. Updates core/TEST037 to include test cases for some recently added
functions (CRC32, MD5, SHA, SHA1 and SHA2)
    3. Updates the expected results for core/TEST037.

    Note: I'm aware that the comments in core/TEST037 are not perfectly aligned
with the expected results. (But they are much more aligned than they were.)
Will leave further improvements to follow-up work.

    Note: I considered refactoring common/ComResWords.cpp and the "prettify SQL
text" functions in common/NAString.cpp, moving them to the parser and changing
them to use the ParKeyWords table in parser/ParKeyWords.cpp. I wanted to do
this to simplify development, consolidating three keyword tables into one. I
started down this path and discovered that this was far from easy; moreover I
concluded that it wouldn't actually simplify development much. So I fell back
to the position of merely adding thorough documentation to
parser/ParKeyWords.cpp, giving instructions on how to keep these tables in sync.

    $ git pull https://github.com/DaveBirdsall/trafodion Trafodion3131

    https://github.com/apache/trafodion/pull/1637.patch

    This closes #1637

----
commit 8ed5ca2070d28e6a331ded03ea1a02af5e15c932
Author: Dave Birdsall <dbirdsall@...>
Date:   2018-07-10T21:51:28Z

    [TRAFODION-3131] Fix some reserved and non-reserved word issues

----

---