Quick follow-ups:

1. A short description of the millet triangle:

The "millets triangle" offers a way to look at millets as a group. Its
internal organization is based on botanical relationships, geographic
origins, and relative levels of production. And it can be used to present
information on how and where we use these small grains, in any context.

2. I'd be very interested to learn of any classroom use of this graphic
(with no undue pretense). Does anyone on the list teach a course about
grains where millets would be a topic? It would be helpful to get feedback
from a range of people about how understandable this triangle is, and
whether it helps learning about the "ethnobotany" of millets.

3. This third version of the triangle is not intended to be the final one.
But for future development, here are some objectives:
a) Review design, and use a better graphics program (this was done with the
humble MS Paint and an online text rotation utility).
b) Hard statistics to support the vertical arrangement (what is produced at
what level & marketed how widely)
c) Possible 5th level, to include wild relatives that are sometimes used as
food, and which are of possible interest in breeding programs
d) Moving beyond iterations of a static diagram to a dynamic interface that
would allow users to call up different kinds of information. that would
then automatically shade or color relevant cells in the diagram.

Anyway, that's where it is now. Your feedback and ideas are most welcome.

Don

DO, EL, MI, US
NAMA