I've been playing with the modbus plugin to read the values from a
Schneider Electric PowerLogic EGX100. I'm using Debian testing which
has collectd 5.1.

First tries resulted in segmentation faults when I would enable the
modbus plugin. Some searches later, I found other people having the
same problem and ended up applying their patches to src/modbus.c.
Just in case, my modbus.c file can be found here:

  http://gerry.safehex.be/tmp/modbus.c-patch

I recompiled the package and it no longer segfaults, but it still
doesn't work properly.

The values in the rrd files seem to be completely wrong, it says I'm
using -17.9A and my power consumption is 9GWh. Since there isn't much
to configure in collectd, I don't know what the problem might be. Does
anyone have a pointer as to what I should look into?

This is the relevant part of my config:

LoadPlugin modbus

<Plugin modbus>
        <Data "current-phase1">