Hello,

Please provide the version number of the collectd you are using. Sometimes, it helps.

For what I can say now, I think that you should not use both rrdcached and rrdtool.
If you use rrdcached, do not forget to add "CreateFiles true".

Also check that collectd (and rrdcached if you are using it) has the permissions to go to /var/lib/rrdcached/db/collectd and then to write files there.

More info here :
llectd.org/documentation/manpages/collectd.conf.5.shtml#plugin_rrdcached https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plugin:RRDCacheD (this one should be updated)

Regards,
Yves