On Feb 26, 2014, at 6:44 AM, Sjoerd de Vries <sdevr...@globecomm-europe.com>
wrote:

> The data is in a table (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.171.1.3.2) but the index is a new int
> for every tunnel. In other words a tunnel goes down, comes back up and has a
> new index.
> In collectd I put the Index on the remote address
> (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.171.1.3.2.1.5) however this is an IP in hex format. Pushing
> the data to graphite then results in some strange label values (direct HEX to
> ASCII).

Sjoerd,

Is there a lookup table which has the connection name instead of the ip address?

Just a guess, but look at
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1295#ENTITYMIB - the entity mib. I
would imagine the vpn tunnels would show up in the entLogicalTable - hopefully
there is a translation to a string/name in there or something

bill