Hi,

You need this merge https://github.com/collectd/collectd/pull/742 (not in 5.4.1)

Best regards,

Le 29/09/2014 08:34, Bruno Prémont a écrit :
On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 14:26:00 -0400 Chip Marshall wrote:
I'm having some trouble with the bind plugin, and I could use
some guidance in tracking down what the problem is. At the
moment, I'm just getting "read-function of plugin `bind' failed."
in the log, followed by various "Will suspend it for" times.

The plugin config:

<Plugin "bind">
   URL "http://127.0.0.1:8053/";
   ParseTime       false
   OpCodes         true
   QTypes          true

   ServerStats     true
   ZoneMaintStats  true
   ResolverStats   false
   MemoryStats     true
</Plugin>

I can do a `curl http://127.0.0.1:8053/` and get a bunch of XML
output, so I think the BIND side of things is working.

I'm using collectd 5.4.1 on FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE with BIND 9.10.1.
Could you share one such XML output? Possibly Bind changed version
tag of XML data once again, with potential structure changes.

Bruno