baylisscg commented on issue #44354:
URL: https://github.com/apache/airflow/issues/44354#issuecomment-3026522840

   I managed to hit this for reasons I'm unclear about under 3.0.2.
   
   It was being raised by the DAG Processor after parsing a dag file that 
generates 27 DAGs from a config file (`time python` on the file reports 
sub-second runtime). I could see an error pointing me here from 
[airflow-core/src/airflow/dag_processing/processor.py](https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/ea5d5c3ea3c94ff01dcdd2a80a69eacf56d4ab4f/airflow-core/src/airflow/dag_processing/processor.py#L181)
   
   Unfortunately this was causing all the DAGs that file generated to be 
dropped which was, regrettably, all of them. 
   
   After turning on debugging and much poking about I found this in the DAG 
processing log for the file:
   
   ```json
   {
     "timestamp": "2025-07-01T00:00:10.108010",
     "level": "debug",
     "event": "Processing Callback Request",
     "request": 
"{\"filepath\":\"extract.py\",\"bundle_name\":\"dags-folder\",\"bundle_version\":null,\"msg\":\"{'DAG
 Id': '#####', 'Task Id': '#####', 'Run Id': 
'backfill__2024-12-12T00:00:00+00:00', 'Map Index': 2, 'Hostname': 
'f3d38ea38a99', 'External Executor Id': 
'15bbb640-d659-44be-a26b-7bc2030b4b4e'}\",\"ti\":{\"id\":\"0197aefa-80b8-73cd-a588-17b61f373a76\",\"task_id\":\"'#####',\",\"dag_id\":\"'#####',\",\"run_id\":\"backfill__2024-12-12T00:00:00+00:00\",\"try_number\":1,\"map_index\":2,\"hostname\":\"f3d38ea38a99\",\"context_carrier\":{}},\"task_callback_type\":null,\"type\":\"TaskCallbackRequest\"}",
     "logger": "task"
   }
   ```
   
   So the DAG processor was creating a `TaskCallbackRequest` for running 
backfill task? After shutting off all the backfills killing the task the 
processor worked again happily but I'm concerned I can't use backfill without 
triggering this as it's not clear why it happened.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to