kadubhumika commented on issue #74196:
URL: https://github.com/apache/airflow/issues/74196#issuecomment-5992321962

   @zozo123  I’m ready to start working on this issue. I’ll cover the 
validation, docs, and tests for DatabricksSQLStatementsOperator, 
DatabricksRunNowOperator, and DatabricksSubmitRunOperator.
   Before I start coding, I want to clarify how to handle asset events when 
wait_for_termination=False (fire-and-forget mode). Since Airflow marks the task 
as successful immediately after submitting the job, which path should we take?
   • Option A (Suppress the Signal): Block the outlet asset event from firing 
completely since we cannot confirm if the remote table actually refreshed.
   • Option B (Document the Behavior): Allow the normal task-success event to 
fire, but explicitly document that it represents a successful submission, not a 
completed table refresh.
   Which semantic approach fits best with your vision? Thanks!


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to