xBis7 commented on PR #70758:
URL: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/70758#issuecomment-6010475358

   @tailg8nj I just remembered this older comment of yours
   
   https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/69633#discussion_r3640039700
   
   Same question as here.
   
   > I believe this to be fairly well documented in the linked issue.
   
   The issue documents what distros and auto-instrumentation are, how they work 
and what is the standard process of using them.
   
   I've been asking you what Airflow gains by supporting this, and not how OTel 
intends them to be used.
   
   If Airflow documents that it supports an external provider and also supports 
Dag run traces, people are going to use both of them and if there are bugs they 
will then expect the Airflow community to fix them. So accepting an external 
provider means to also make sure that the existing functionality doesn't break.
   
   > How else do you suggest we address issues 1 and 2 from the linked issue?
   
   I'm not arguing against the changes, we can discuss them later. I'm asking 
what are the gains and if they are worth the long-term commitment.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to