allthingssecurity opened a new pull request, #27121:
URL: https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/27121

   # Description
   
   [CAMEL-25165](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-25165)
   
   `SpringRedisIdempotentRepository.remove` returns 
`setOperations.remove(repositoryName, key) != null`. `SREM` returns the number 
of members it removed, 0 when the key was not in the set, so `remove` returns 
true for any key. `IdempotentRepository.remove` documents "true if the key was 
removed".
   
   This change: return true only when `SREM` removed the key (`removed != null 
&& removed > 0`), the same as the `add` fix in #27110 (CAMEL-25155). Claus 
Ibsen suggested it in the review of #27110. Inside a pipeline or a transaction, 
Spring Data Redis returns null, and `remove` returns false there as before.
   
   The Idempotent Consumer EIP and the file consumers call `remove` on failure 
and do not use the returned value, so they are not affected. Code that calls 
the repository directly, and the JMX `remove` operation, now get false for a 
missing key. The upgrade guide for 4.23 gets a two-line note for that.
   
   Tests:
   - `SpringRedisIdempotentRepositoryTest` (mocked `SetOperations`, as in the 
existing tests) gets three new tests: `SREM` returns 1 gives true, 0 gives 
false, null gives false.
   - Without the change, `shouldReturnFalseWhenKeyIsNotInTheSet` fails 
(`expected: <false> but was: <true>`).
   - With the change, all camel-spring-redis tests pass: 126 tests, 0 failures.
   
   # Target
   
   - [x] I checked that the commit is targeting the correct branch (Camel 4 
uses the `main` branch)
   
   # Tracking
   - [x] If this is a large change, bug fix, or code improvement, I checked 
there is a [JIRA issue](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL) filed for 
the change (usually before you start working on it).
   
   # Apache Camel coding standards and style
   
   - [x] I checked that each commit in the pull request has a meaningful 
subject line and body.
   - [ ] I have run `mvn clean install -DskipTests` locally from root folder 
and I have committed all auto-generated changes.
     (I built and tested the affected module, including the formatter and 
import-sort plugins. I did not run the full root build.)
   
   # AI-assisted contributions
   
   - [x] If this PR includes AI-generated code, commits have proper 
co-authorship attribution (e.g., `Co-authored-by` trailers) and the PR 
description identifies the AI tool used.
     This PR was prepared with Claude Code (Claude Opus 5.5). The commit 
carries a `Co-Authored-By` trailer.
   
   _Claude Code on behalf of allthingssecurity_
   
   🤖 Generated with [Claude Code](https://claude.com/claude-code)
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to