allthingssecurity opened a new pull request, #27158:
URL: https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/27158

   # Description
   
   [CAMEL-25209](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-25209)
   
   `KubernetesLeadershipController` runs the leader election as a chain of 
tasks on a single-thread executor, each run scheduling the next one. All 
Kubernetes calls in it catch their exceptions, except the Lease renewal in the 
LEADER state (`refreshLeaseRenewTime`, a PUT with the resource version, used 
with the default `Lease` resource type). When that PUT failed (an API server 
outage longer than the client's own retries of 429/5xx/I/O errors, or an error 
that is not retried such as a 409 conflict), the exception ended the task, the 
next run was never scheduled, and nothing was logged.
   
   The leader then stopped refreshing its local leadership, so after the renew 
deadline it reported "no leader" and stopped its master routes, while the other 
pods kept seeing the Lease held by a running and ready pod 
(`LeaderInfo.hasValidLeader()` does not look at `renewTime`) and never took 
over. No pod led until the former leader pod was restarted.
   
   This change: `refreshStatus()` catches an exception, logs a WARN (the stack 
trace at DEBUG) and schedules the next run after the retry period, like the 
other failure paths. After `stop()` it only logs at DEBUG.
   
   Test: 
`KubernetesClusterServiceTest.testLeaderKeepsLeadershipAfterFailedLeaseRenewal` 
(Lease type, two pods): the leader's mock server refuses Lease updates until 
one renewal failed, then accepts them again; both pods must keep seeing the 
same leader. `LockTestServer` gets an option to refuse only the update (PUT) 
requests. Without the change the leader's recorder reports `null` after the 
renew deadline and the test fails.
   
   I ran the camel-kubernetes unit tests (146 pass, 6 skipped), and 
`KubernetesClusterServiceTest` and `TimedLeaderNotifierTest` again after the 
last change (26 pass).
   
   # Target
   
   - [x] I checked that the commit is targeting the correct branch (Camel 4 
uses the `main` branch)
   
   # Tracking
   - [x] If this is a large change, bug fix, or code improvement, I checked 
there is a [JIRA issue](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL) filed for 
the change (usually before you start working on it).
   
   # Apache Camel coding standards and style
   
   - [x] I checked that each commit in the pull request has a meaningful 
subject line and body.
   - [ ] I have run `mvn clean install -DskipTests` locally from root folder 
and I have committed all auto-generated changes.
     (I built and tested the affected module, including the formatter and 
import-sort plugins. I did not run the full root build.)
   
   # AI-assisted contributions
   
   - [x] If this PR includes AI-generated code, commits have proper 
co-authorship attribution (e.g., `Co-authored-by` trailers) and the PR 
description identifies the AI tool used.
     This PR was prepared with Claude Code (Claude Opus 5.5). The commit 
carries a `Co-Authored-By` trailer.
   
   _Claude Code on behalf of allthingssecurity_
   
   🤖 Generated with [Claude Code](https://claude.com/claude-code)
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to