allthingssecurity opened a new pull request, #27248:
URL: https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/27248

   # Description
   
   [CAMEL-25251](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-25251)
   
   `CoapClient.get/post/put/delete` return `null` when no response was received 
(timeout after the CoAP retransmissions, rejected or cancelled request). 
`CoAPProducer` only copied a non-null response, so the exchange completed 
successfully with the request as its body: messages sent to a CoAP server that 
is down or unreachable were reported as delivered, and redelivery, dead letter 
channels and `onException` never saw the failure.
   
   This change:
   - no response for `GET`/`POST`/`PUT`/`DELETE` fails the exchange with 
`CamelExchangeException("No response received from CoAP server: <uri>")`; 
`PING` keeps its boolean body;
   - the `CamelCoapMethod` header is upper-cased before the switch (a 
lower-case `"post"` matched no case and sent nothing), and an unknown method 
fails with `IllegalArgumentException` instead of sending nothing.
   
   The upgrade guide for 4.23 gets a note.
   
   Tests:
   - `CoAPProducerNoResponseTest` (new): a producer with a shared `CoapClient` 
(timeout 500 ms) pointing to a port nobody listens on.
   - Without the change it fails (`expected: <CamelExchangeException> but was: 
<null>`).
   - With the change all camel-coap tests pass: 74 tests, 0 failures.
   
   # Target
   
   - [x] I checked that the commit is targeting the correct branch (Camel 4 
uses the `main` branch)
   
   # Tracking
   - [x] If this is a large change, bug fix, or code improvement, I checked 
there is a [JIRA issue](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL) filed for 
the change (usually before you start working on it).
   
   # Apache Camel coding standards and style
   
   - [x] I checked that each commit in the pull request has a meaningful 
subject line and body.
   - [ ] I have run `mvn clean install -DskipTests` locally from root folder 
and I have committed all auto-generated changes.
     (I built and tested the affected module, including the formatter and 
import-sort plugins. I did not run the full root build.)
   
   # AI-assisted contributions
   
   - [x] If this PR includes AI-generated code, commits have proper 
co-authorship attribution (e.g., `Co-authored-by` trailers) and the PR 
description identifies the AI tool used.
     This PR was prepared with Claude Code (Claude Opus 5.5). The commit 
carries a `Co-Authored-By` trailer.
   
   _Claude Code on behalf of allthingssecurity_
   
   🤖 Generated with [Claude Code](https://claude.com/claude-code)
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to