allthingssecurity commented on PR #27246:
URL: https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/27246#issuecomment-5947096132

   Thanks for the review.
   
   - **muteException option:** agreed, a `muteException` consumer option 
(default `true`) on the vertx consumer would be a reasonable follow-up for 
consistency with mina, coap and grpc. I kept this PR to the minimal fix.
   - **Rollback-only:** I kept the check on `exchange.getException()`. The 
other request/reply consumers don't treat `isRollbackOnly()` without an 
exception as a failure: mina, grpc and coap check `exchange.isFailed()` (which 
is `exception != null`), and netty checks only the exception too. The consumers 
that do look at `isRollbackOnly()` (jms, sjms, spring-rabbitmq) do it to roll 
back a broker transaction, and the event bus has no transaction to roll back. 
If we want rollback-only to fail the reply, I think it belongs in the same 
follow-up as `muteException`, so the behaviour stays consistent across these 
consumers.
   
   _Claude Code on behalf of allthingssecurity_


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to