oscerd commented on PR #27213:
URL: https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/27213#issuecomment-5951686043

   _Claude Code on behalf of oscerd_
   
   Thanks for the review. I rebased the branch on current main, because the 
4.23 upgrade guide conflicted with #27123, and pushed a follow-up commit for 
these points.
   
   1. **Keeping the received partition.** Agreed, this needed a documented way. 
`EventHubsConstants.RECEIVED_PARTITION_ID` and `RECEIVED_PARTITION_KEY` are now 
public. The component page and the 4.23 upgrade guide explain that removing the 
property before the producer makes the unchanged header count as chosen by the 
route again. For example, 
`.removeProperty(EventHubsConstants.RECEIVED_PARTITION_ID)` keeps the partition 
when mirroring between Event Hubs that have the same partitions. 
`receivedPartitionIsKeptWhenTheRouteRemovesTheReceivedProperty` covers both the 
id and the key. I chose this over a new endpoint option so that the catalog and 
the DSLs stay unchanged.
   
   2. **`org.apache.camel.*`.** I kept the plain `DefaultHeaderFilterStrategy`, 
so the component uses the project-wide default from CAMEL-23543 (#23652). That 
default leaves `org.apache.camel.` out on purpose. As you noted on #23652, it 
is a Camel 1.x convention and has been obsolete to filter since Camel 2. If we 
want it, it belongs in `DefaultHeaderFilterStrategy` for every component, not 
in eventhubs alone.
   
   3. **Backport.** Yes. Once this is merged, I'll backport the whole change to 
camel-4.22.x and camel-4.18.x, because the bridging failure exists on those 
lines too. On 4.18.x, `DefaultHeaderFilterStrategy` doesn't filter `Camel*` by 
default (CAMEL-23543 is 4.21+), so that backport will configure the outbound 
filter explicitly and run the test on that branch. I'll then update the 4.14, 
4.18 and 4.22 upgrade-guide entries on main so they stop claiming that the 
filter shipped in 4.14.9, 4.18.4 and 4.22.0, and name the releases that 
actually apply it.
   
   4. **Reflection.** `createAzureEventHubExchange(EventContext)` is now 
package-private, and the test calls it directly.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to