allthingssecurity opened a new pull request, #27303:
URL: https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/27303

   # Description
   
   [CAMEL-25274](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-25274)
   
   `DaprPubSubConsumer`'s listener returned `Mono.just(Status.SUCCESS)` as soon 
as the exchange was handed to the route. That status is the acknowledgement of 
the event in the Dapr streaming subscription (the SDK sends it to the sidecar 
as the `TopicEventResponse` status), so an event whose route failed was 
acknowledged and dropped by Dapr, and an event was acknowledged before an 
asynchronous route had processed it.
   
   This change: the listener returns a `Mono` that emits when the exchange is 
done: `SUCCESS` when it completed, `RETRY` when it failed (the status the SDK 
itself uses when a listener fails). The upgrade guide for 4.23 gets a note, 
since events of failed exchanges are now redelivered.
   
   Tests:
   - `DaprPubSubConsumerTest`: two new tests, a failed exchange (`RETRY` 
expected) and a processor that completes later (no status before the callback); 
the existing test's mocked processor now calls the callback, else the status 
never comes.
   - Without the change both new tests fail (`expected: <RETRY> but was: 
<SUCCESS>`, `expected: <false> but was: <true>`).
   - With the change all camel-dapr tests pass: 54 tests, 0 failures.
   
   # Target
   
   - [x] I checked that the commit is targeting the correct branch (Camel 4 
uses the `main` branch)
   
   # Tracking
   - [x] If this is a large change, bug fix, or code improvement, I checked 
there is a [JIRA issue](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL) filed for 
the change (usually before you start working on it).
   
   # Apache Camel coding standards and style
   
   - [x] I checked that each commit in the pull request has a meaningful 
subject line and body.
   - [ ] I have run `mvn clean install -DskipTests` locally from root folder 
and I have committed all auto-generated changes.
     (I built and tested the affected module, including the formatter and 
import-sort plugins. I did not run the full root build.)
   
   # AI-assisted contributions
   
   - [x] If this PR includes AI-generated code, commits have proper 
co-authorship attribution (e.g., `Co-authored-by` trailers) and the PR 
description identifies the AI tool used.
     This PR was prepared with Claude Code (Claude Opus 5.5). The commit 
carries a `Co-Authored-By` trailer.
   
   _Claude Code on behalf of allthingssecurity_
   
   🤖 Generated with [Claude Code](https://claude.com/claude-code)
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to