allthingssecurity opened a new pull request, #27319:
URL: https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/27319

   # Description
   
   [CAMEL-25287](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-25287)
   
   Since `sslContextParameters` was added (CAMEL-20393, #14998, Camel 4.8), 
`SplunkHECProducer.doStart` builds its HTTPS socket factory from 
`endpoint.provideSSLContext()`. That method returns `null` when neither the 
endpoint nor the component has `sslContextParameters` (the default), and 
HttpClient 5 rejects a null SSL context: the producer fails to start with 
`NullPointerException: SSL context`, with `https=true` as well as 
`https=false`. Only `skipTlsVerify=true` or configured `sslContextParameters` 
worked. The existing unit tests inject a mock HTTP client and never start the 
producer.
   
   This change: without an SSL context from `sslContextParameters`, the 
producer uses `SSLConnectionSocketFactory.getSocketFactory()`, HttpClient's 
default TLS set-up (`SSLContexts.createDefault()`: the JVM default trust store 
and the default hostname verifier, as CAMEL-23505 intended). That is what the 
producer used before 4.8 through the default 
`PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager`. Certificate and hostname verification 
stay on; only `skipTlsVerify=true` turns them off, as before.
   
   Tests:
   - `SplunkHECProducerHttpTest` (new, a JDK `HttpServer` as HEC endpoint): the 
producer starts without `sslContextParameters`; with `https=false` an event 
reaches the server; control: the same with `sslContextParameters` configured.
   - Without the change 2 fail (`NullPointerException: SSL context`); the 
control passes.
   - With the change the module suite passes (33 tests, 2 skipped manual ITs).
   
   # Target
   
   - [x] I checked that the commit is targeting the correct branch (Camel 4 
uses the `main` branch)
   
   # Tracking
   - [x] If this is a large change, bug fix, or code improvement, I checked 
there is a [JIRA issue](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL) filed for 
the change (usually before you start working on it).
   
   # Apache Camel coding standards and style
   
   - [x] I checked that each commit in the pull request has a meaningful 
subject line and body.
   - [ ] I have run `mvn clean install -DskipTests` locally from root folder 
and I have committed all auto-generated changes.
     (I built and tested the affected module, including the formatter and 
import-sort plugins. I did not run the full root build.)
   
   # AI-assisted contributions
   
   - [x] If this PR includes AI-generated code, commits have proper 
co-authorship attribution (e.g., `Co-authored-by` trailers) and the PR 
description identifies the AI tool used.
     This PR was prepared with Claude Code (Claude Opus 5.5). The commit 
carries a `Co-Authored-By` trailer.
   
   _Claude Code on behalf of allthingssecurity_
   
   🤖 Generated with [Claude Code](https://claude.com/claude-code)
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to