rdtr commented on issue #12892:
URL: https://github.com/apache/gluten/issues/12892#issuecomment-5967042444

   @LuciferYang @baibaichen I can on this. Before I start, I'd like to check 
the approach.
   
   A PR that adds the Spark 3.4 and 3.5 jobs can't run them through 
`/ansi-test` before it's merged, so I can't find out what fails beforehand.
   
   My plan:
   
   1. Add Spark 3.4 and 3.5 jobs (backends-velox and spark-ut) to 
`velox_backend_ansi.yml`, mirroring the 4.0 jobs with 
`spark.gluten.sql.ansiFallback.enabled=false`. No test changes.
   2. After it's merged, run `/ansi-test` to see what fails on 3.4 and 3.5, 
then fix the failures or exclude them with a reason in follow-up PRs. That 
includes enabling the ANSI-on cast suite.
   
   Step 1 may expose a number of new failures in this workflow. It only runs on 
demand, so it doesn't affect the regular CI, and the 4.0 and 4.1 jobs already 
have failures being worked on. Would that be OK, or would you prefer the new 
jobs to land together with the exclusions?
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to