tiagobento commented on PR #7123:
URL: https://github.com/apache/incubator-kie/pull/7123#issuecomment-5733092563
Thanks @Kusuma04-dev! Love to see this moving in this direction. I have a
few observations to increase clarity and reduce friction in our development
process.
1. The `.backup` files would require us to do a configuration change on
Jenkins. Why not leave them as they are, and simply create new files, for new
jobs? We can do like below for the new ones, and leave the old ones as they
are. When we now the new jobs are working, we send a new PR deleting the files
and update Jenkins to delete the old jobs.
- Jenkinsfile.103xplus.release
- Jenkinsfile.103xplus.deploy
- Jenkinsfile.103xplus.promote
---
2. We don't really have JITEXECUTOR_NATIVE anymore. You can remove those
flags/configs from the new release jobs.
---
3. I don't see a Maven M2 repository in
https://github.com/Kusuma04-dev/kie-release-10.3.
---
4. Can we standardize our terminology here?
Release/build/publish/promote/deploy can be very confusing. I'd say we should
even number (or identify with the automation letters) our scripts so that we
understand exactly what order things are expected to be run.
---
5. Can we create a specific docs/RELEASING.md file here, and a
`repo/RELEASING.md` file in `kie-tools`, pointing to a single source-of-truth?
For the sake of democratizing our release process, I think this document should
live in https://github.com/apache/incubator-kie-website under
https://kie.apache.org/community/.
---
6. Is it possible to align the CLI arguments of each script between the two
repos? The more in sync they are, the less friction we have during the release
procedure. I'm sure they will be *very* similar to each other.
---
7. I see some references in the code and in comments saying "Drools unified
repo", but we don't need to call it that. It's the KIE repo.
---
8. Is `data-index ephemeral image tag` issue still current, or is it
something that is just a historical artifact from our old Jenkins automations?
--
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]