knight6236 commented on PR #10678:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/10678#issuecomment-5281144309

   @DanielLeens I must reiterate my stance on deferring the documentation. 
Documenting this feature—even with an "experimental" caveat—inherently invites 
users to try it. Given that Phase 3 (which fully cleans the reference graph) is 
not yet complete, the deep-clean path cannot be guaranteed to meet expectations 
in all edge cases today. This is an objective risk I am not willing to expose 
our users to.
   
   Conversely, the only users who will discover this switch by reading the 
source code are advanced developers, who will also see the comprehensive inline 
comments and WARN logs detailing these exact caveats.
   
   Weighing the risk of premature adoption against the limited audience of 
source-code readers, deferring the documentation is the responsible engineering 
choice. I respect the automated review process, but I will not compromise on 
this principle just to facilitate a merge. If this documentation remains a hard 
blocker, I am prepared to leave the PR in its current state until Phase 3 is 
complete and the feature is truly ready for general adoption.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to