CryoThrust commented on issue #10651:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues/10651#issuecomment-5525464924

   I reviewed the current `dev` tree and the two merged foundations for this 
discussion: the progressive dry-run path in #10763 and the standalone 
CLI/metadata exporter in #10789.
   
   The remaining gap I see is the contract between those pieces and agent 
integrations. `SeaTunnelConfValidateCommand` currently returns human-readable 
`ConfigCheckException` text, while `MetadataExportCommand` already emits 
structured connector metadata. For an agent or MCP client, it would be useful 
to make the validation result a versioned machine-readable contract without 
coupling it to an LLM provider.
   
   Would maintainers prefer the next slice to be:
   
   1. a CLI-only `--check --format json` (or equivalent) that reports stable 
fields such as `valid`, `phase`, `plugin`, `optionPath`, `ruleType`, and 
`message`, while preserving the current human-readable default; or
   2. a reusable validation result model first, with CLI/MCP/REST adapters 
added separately?
   
   I would favor (2) if the result model can stay config-level and avoid 
claiming full runtime validation. It would also let metadata and validation 
share a versioned schema, while keeping the existing `--check` behavior 
backward compatible. I can work on a focused test/specification slice once the 
preferred integration boundary is confirmed.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to