goutamadwant commented on issue #10753:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues/10753#issuecomment-5577393096

   @davidzollo @DanielLeens I would like to take the Salesforce Sink slice 
under #10753.
   
   I rechecked current `dev` and the PRs. Source #10938 is merged, but I did 
not find a sink implementation or a competing sink PR.
   
   Proposed first scope:
   
   - Extend `connector-salesforce`, reusing the applicable 
connection/authentication code while preserving existing source behavior.
   - Support one Salesforce object per sink, with batched upserts through the 
REST sObject Collections API and a required external ID field.
   - Bound batch sizes and retries, inspect every record result, and surface 
validation or permission failures instead of silently dropping records.
   - Flush successfully before checkpoint completion and document at-least-once 
delivery. External-ID upserts must not be presented as exactly-once execution 
of Salesforce triggers or other side effects.
   - Cover mapping, partial failures, timeout/retry behavior, checkpoint 
flushing and source compatibility with focused tests. Include EN/ZH docs and an 
example config, with mock coverage clearly separated from real Salesforce 
sandbox verification.
   
   I would keep delete support, Bulk API 2.0 ingestion, multi-object routing 
and catalog changes out of this first PR.
   
   Does REST collection upsert fit the intended first slice, or would you 
prefer Bulk API 2.0 ingestion? Once that boundary is agreed, I will prepare a 
draft PR.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to