SEZ9 commented on PR #11077:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11077#issuecomment-5738507060

   @hesam-oxe thanks for the detailed rundown — responding to what came through.
   
   **F1** — Both parts sound right. Calling out divergent credentials and 
connection-level settings explicitly in the 
`getPhysicalDestinationIdentifier()` javadoc (mirrored in the en/zh 
sink-connector-development docs) is the guard I was after, and the INFO line on 
both the `createWriter` and `restoreWriter` paths when a further alias joins a 
shared writer — with connector class, physical destination identifier, joining 
table and first table — gives operators a way to spot an unintended merge. 
Adding a logger to `MultiTableSink` is fine. I'll verify the wording and log 
placement on `2036ad77` and consider F1 resolved once that checks out.
   
   **F2** — Option (a) is the behaviour I wanted: one persisted state per 
shared writer under `primaryIdentifier`, rather than fanning out to every 
alias. Your comment appears to have been cut off partway through the F2 
explanation, so I couldn't see the rest — in particular how the restore side 
behaves now that only `primaryIdentifier` carries state (i.e. that restore no 
longer unions per-alias copies). Could you re-post that part?
   
   **F3–F8** — Nothing for these reached me because of the truncation. Could 
you re-post the item-by-item notes for them as well, noting whether each landed 
in `2036ad77` or was already in place on `ef2bb095`? Once I have the full list 
I'll re-review against the diff and close out the remaining findings.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:1149 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to