DanielLeens commented on PR #12134:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/12134#issuecomment-6061169904

   Thanks @SEZ9, and thanks for the green-run acknowledgement. Going through 
the four open points against head `38c06bbd501`:
   
   1. **Production fix not visible in the diff.** The full diff does include 
the fix: the PR changes `CoordinatorService.java` and `JobMaster.java` under 
`seatunnel-engine-server/src/main`, in addition to the IT and its conf 
template. If the rendered view collapsed them for you, `gh pr diff 12134` lists 
all four files. I'll also add a short redrive summary to the PR description so 
the test can be read against it.
   2. **Old-master completion race.** You are right. The poll only proves the 
savepoint checkpoint was pending at observation time; it can still finish on 
`masterNode1` before `shutdown()` lands, and the test would pass without 
exercising the redrive. I'll add a guard so the test fails if the savepoint 
completed before the kill.
   3. **Reflection probe inside Awaitility.** Agreed. 
`hasUnacknowledgedSavepointCheckpoint` reads the private `pendingCheckpoints` 
field and a mid-transition exception would abort the wait. I'll add 
`ignoreExceptions()` and look at whether a test-visible hook is cheap enough 
here.
   4. **Executor and future lifecycle.** `shutdownNow()` is in the `finally`, 
but the executor is created before the `try`, and `savepointCall` only gets 
`get(30s)` after the lambda has already swallowed any exception, so a 
pre-failover failure would not surface. I'll move creation inside the `try` and 
record the failure outcome so it fails fast.
   
   I have not pushed these yet, so there is no new head to review. I'll push 
one commit covering 2-4 and update here when it is up.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to