I got this:

Hadoop QA commented on HADOOP-7076:
-1 overall.  Here are the results of testing the latest attachment

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12506182/HADOOP-7076-branch-0.22.patch
  against trunk revision .
-1 patch.  The patch command could not apply the patch.

Did I do something wrong in the patch I created for branch-0.22?
Or is HADOOP-7435 not yet operational?

Thanks.

Niels Basjes

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 00:17, Niels Basjes <ni...@basjes.nl> wrote:

> Hi,

>> backporting
>> 1.x,
>> version to
>> inclusion in
>>

> Turns out my changes are not trivial to backport to branch-1 because the
> SplittableCompressionCodec interface isn't there yet.
> So I'm limiting to trunk (0.23.1) and branch-0.22 (0.22.0).

> >Unfortunately jenkins doesn't currently run tests against non-trunk
> >trees.  For these branches you need to run test-patch (covered in the
> >above page) and the tests yourself.
>
> Unfortunately the test-patch script mentioned on the site
> ("dev-support/test-patch.sh /path/to/my.patch") doesn't exist in the
> branch-0.22. And I couldn't get the test-patch.sh that does exist to work.
>
> So I did against a clean checkout:
>   patch -p0 < HADOOP-7076-branch-0.22.patch
> followed by
>   ant clean test jar
>
> Which succeeded.
>

> --