Matt, thanks for the clarification.

I may have missed the main point of the PROPOSAL thread then. I personally
want to continue the discussion before voting.

* Phyton as runtime requirement. Are you planing to migrate all BASH
scripts provided by Hadoop (or dynamically created -ie launcher scripts)
 to Phyton?
* What else in the current build, besides saveVersion.sh, you see as
candidate to be migrated to Phyton?
* How are you planning to define what Phyton modules can be used? Will
developers have to install them manually?

Cheers

--
Alejandro