On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 03:08PM, sanjay Radia wrote:
> +1
> Java has done the bulk of the work in making Hadoop multi-platform.
> Windows specific code is a tiny percentage of the code.
> Jeninks support for windows is going help us keep the platform portable going
> forward.
> I expect that the vast majority of new commits have  no problems. I propose
> that we start by fixing problems that Jenkins raises but not block new
> commits for too long if the author does not have a windows box or if a
> volunteer does not step up.

Considering a typical set of software most of the people here work with it
would be completely inappropriate to block commits for failing Windows
specific features. After all, Microsoft never did bother to check what
features or compatibilty matters they have broke in Java and elsewhere, so why
should we?

I believe this kind of rules have to be set and discussed before the merge is
done.

Cheers,
  Cos