On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:09 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
<vino...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> It's a little dirty, but Mark and Jarek (presumably from BigTop) ran a
> patched version with my change at MAPREDUCE-5240.

I've just updated the patch to apply cleanly on branch-2.0.4 (had to refactor
quite a bit of unit tests). Hopefully Cos can apply it tomorrow and we
can start testing Bigtop.

> Otherwise we may end up creating lots of bug-fix releases.

Agreed. The point of 2.0.4.1 is to unblock Bigtop 0.6.0 release. We're
trying to come with stable base line for Hadoop 2.0.x where
all the downstream components will be running smoothly.

At this point a MAPREDUCE-5240 is the only thing holding us
up, but once we start our own round of testing other issues
could pop up. We shall see how it goes.

Thanks,
Roman.