Ok, WRT HDFS-4646 - it is all legit and the code is in branch-2.0.4-alpha and
later. It has been committed as
  r1465124
The reason it isn't normally visible because of the weird commit message:

        svn merge -c1465121 from trunk

So, we good. I am done with the CHANGES.txt fixed that you guys have noted
earlier and will be re-spinning RC1 in a few.

Cos