There is no indication that protoc 2.5.0 is breaking anything.

Hadoop-trunk builds have been failing way before 1/2 way with:

-------

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12.3:test
(default-test) on project hadoop-yarn-client: ExecutionException;
nested exception is java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: The forked VM terminated without saying
properly goodbye. VM crash or System.exit called ? -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12.3:test
(default-test) on project hadoop-yarn-client: ExecutionException;
nested exception is java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: The forked VM terminated without saying
properly goodbye. VM crash or System.exit called ?

-------

The Hadoop-trunk #480 build failed with a JVM abort in a testcase towards
the end of mapreduce tests.

Until then there were no failures at all.

I've increased heap size and tried a second run and the failure was earlier.

I've looked a Hadoop-trunk builds prior to the HADOOP-9845 and it has been
failing the same way in all the kept builds.

We need to fix Hadoop-trunk builds independently of this.

Any objection to commit HADOOP-9845 to branch-2 and the 2.1.0-beta branches
to get all the other jenkins jobs working?

I'll wait till tomorrow morning before proceeding.

Thx

--
Alejandro