From: Suresh Srinivas [mailto:sur...@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 2:42 PM
To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop SSO/Token Server Components

> One aside: if you come across a bug, please try to fix it upstream and
> then merge into the feature branch rather than cherry-picking patches
> or only fixing it on the branch. It becomes very awkward to track. -C

Related to this, when refactoring the code, generally required for large
feature development, consider first refactoring in trunk and then make
additional changes for the feature in the feature branch. This helps a lot in
being able to merge the trunk to feature branch periodically. This will also
help in keeping the change for merging feature to trunk small and easier
reviews.

Regards,
Suresh

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of